CS/SB 1466: Class Size Requirements
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Class Size Requirements; Deletes a reference to the State Constitution regarding class size maximums. Requires that class size maximums be satisfied on or before the October student membership survey each year. Requires that the Department of Education identify from the Course Code Directory the core-curricula courses for the purpose of satisfying the maximum class size requirement, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2120 (Ch. 2011-55)
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations (BEA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget -SJ 167
• Introduced -SJ 167
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/17/11, 1:15 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 235
• Now in Budget -SJ 235
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 253
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 03/24/11, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 286
• Now in Budget -SJ 286
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/13/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/14/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Budget; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 471
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 486
• Read 2nd time -SJ 515
• Amendment(s) adopted (612824) -SJ 516
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 516
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 551
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 551
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2120 (Ch. 2011-55)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.