CS/HJR 1471: Religious Freedom
JOINT RESOLUTION by Judiciary Committee ; Plakon ; Precourt ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Ahern ; Baxley ; Bileca ; Burgin ; Coley ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Drake ; Ford ; Gaetz ; McKeel ; Metz ; Perry ; Renuart ; Snyder ; Tobia ; Van Zant ; Weatherford
Religious Freedom; Proposes amendment to s. 3, Art. I of State Constitution to provide that, consistent with U.S. Constitution, no individual or entity may be denied, on basis of religious identity or belief, governmental benefits, funding, or other support, & to delete prohibition against using revenues from public treasury directly or indirectly in aid of any church, sect, or religious denomination or in aid of any sectarian institution.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 237
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 273
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/29/11, 12:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -HJ 368
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 368
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/14/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 4 -HJ 660
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 671
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 668
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 789
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 812
• CS passed; YEAS 81 NAYS 35 -HJ 813
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 1019
• Referred to Judiciary -SJ 1019
• Withdrawn from Judiciary -SJ 1002
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SJR 1218 -SJ 1002
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1003
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1021
• CS passed; YEAS 26 NAYS 10 -SJ 1022
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1965
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.