CS/SB 1620: Digital Learning
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Flores
Digital Learning; Creates the Digital Learning Now Act. Provides digital preparation requirements. Provides for customized and accelerated learning. Authorizes the establishment of virtual charter schools. Authorizes a charter school to implement blended learning courses. Redefines the term "full-time equivalent student" as it applies to the Florida Virtual School. Provides instruction, eligibility, funding, assessment, and accountability requirements. Requires all statewide end-of-course assessments to be administrated online beginning with the 2014-2015 school year, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7197 (Ch. 2011-137), CS/CS/CS/SB 1546 (Ch. 2011-232), SB 2120 (Ch. 2011-55) -SJ 776
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Budget (BC)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget -SJ 179
• Introduced -SJ 179
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 04/05/11, 1:15 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 408
• Now in Budget -SJ 408
• Also referred to Rules -SJ 461
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/13/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/14/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/15/11, 9:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Received
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/15/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Budget (906136); YEAS 16 NAYS 5 -SJ 469
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Rules -SJ 469
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/26/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 541
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 542
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 541
• Placed on Consent Calendar, 05/03/11 --Removed from Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 776
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 7197 -SJ 776
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7197 (Ch. 2011-137), CS/CS/CS/SB 1546 (Ch. 2011-232), SB 2120 (Ch. 2011-55) -SJ 776
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.