CS/SB 1714: Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Hays
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; Discontinues policy discounts relating to the Citizens Property Insurance Corporation after a certain date. Directs the corporation to provide coverage to certain excluded residential structures but at rates deemed appropriate by the corporation. Provides that certain residential structures are not eligible for coverage by the corporation after a certain date. Prohibits the corporation from levying certain assessments with respect to a year's deficit until the corporation has first levied a specified surcharge, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Budget, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39)
Location: In committee/council (BC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget (BC)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 194
• Introduced -SJ 194
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/29/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 6 NAYS 4 -SJ 323
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 323
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 348
• Also referred to Rules -SJ 461
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/14/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/15/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/26/11, 9:45 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/26/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Received
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Budget, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.