CS/SB 1930: Motor Vehicle Personal Injury Protection Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Bogdanoff
Motor Vehicle Personal Injury Protection Insurance; Revises provisions relating to the contents of written reports of motor vehicle crashes. Requires that an application for licensure as a mobile clinic include a statement regarding insurance fraud. Authorizes the Division of Insurance Fraud to establish a direct-support organization for the purpose of prosecuting, investigating, and preventing motor vehicle insurance fraud. Adds licensed acupuncturists to the list of practitioners authorized to provide, supervise, order, or prescribe services, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Judiciary, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1087 (Ch. 2011-174)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Criminal Justice; Budget -SJ 247
• Introduced -SJ 246
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/29/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/05/11, 10:15 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/12/11, 9:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -SJ 470
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Criminal Justice; Budget
• Remaining references corrected to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 504
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/25/11, 9:45 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/26/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Received
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 494
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1087 (Ch. 2011-174)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.