SB 228: Code of Student Conduct
GENERAL BILL by Siplin
Code of Student Conduct; Requires the district school board to include in the code of student conduct adopted by the board an explanation of the responsibilities of each student with regard to appropriate dress and respect for self and others and the role that appropriate dress and respect for self and others has on an orderly learning environment, etc.
Last Action: 6/2/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-103
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/21/11, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 117
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 117
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/09/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 26
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 185
• Now in Budget -SJ 185
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/15/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 232
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 232
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/23/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 268
• Placed on 3rd reading -SJ 268
• Read 3rd time -SJ 285
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 285
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1007
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1007
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1031
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1151
• Passed; YEAS 101 NAYS 15 -HJ 1151
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-103
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.