CS/CS/SB 556: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Criminal Justice ; Oelrich ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Dockery ; Garcia ; Gaetz
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program; Requires the Department of Children and Family Services to perform a drug test on individuals who apply for benefits funded by the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program. Makes individuals responsible for bearing the cost of drug testing. Requires certain notice. Provides procedures for testing and retesting. Provides for notice of local substance abuse programs. Provides conditions for an individual to reapply for temporary assistance for needy families benefits, etc.
Last Action: 5/4/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 353 (Ch. 2011-81) -SJ 831
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations (BHA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Budget -SJ 48
• Introduced -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/22/11, 8:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 270
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 275
• Now in Budget -SJ 270
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 472
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations, 04/13/11, 9:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations (206806); YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 468
• Now in Budget -SJ 468
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/13/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/14/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/15/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 12 NAYS 7 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 471
• CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 477
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/04/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 830
• Amendment(s) failed (126050, 375306) -SJ 831
• Amendment(s) adopted (412660) -SJ 831
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 353 -SJ 831
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 353 (Ch. 2011-81) -SJ 831
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.