CS/CS/SB 736: Education Personnel
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Education Pre-K - 12 ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Gaetz ; Hays
Education Personnel; Cites this act as the "Student Success Act." Revises provisions relating to the evaluation of instructional personnel and school administrators. Requires the Department of Education to approve each school district's instructional personnel and school administrator evaluation systems. Requires the Commissioner of Education to approve or select and the State Board of Education to adopt formulas for school districts to use in measuring student learning growth. Requires school districts to administer assessments for each course offered in the district, etc.
Last Action: 3/24/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-1
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations (BEA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget; Rules -SJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/09/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Amendments adopted-Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/10/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 118
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules
• Remaining references corrected to Budget -SJ 116
• Now in Budget
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 108
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 02/15/11, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 117
• Now in Budget -SJ 117
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/23/11, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 15 NAYS 5 -SJ 118
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 118
• Introduced -SJ 59
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/11
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 115
• CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 115
• Read 2nd time -SJ 161
• Amendment(s) failed (599634) -SJ 161
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 184
• Amendment(s) failed (675258, 911694) -SJ 184
• CS passed; YEAS 26 NAYS 12 -SJ 184
• Immediately certified -SJ 184
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 205
• Received -HJ 205
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/15/11
• Substituted for CS/HB 7019 -HJ 234
• Read 2nd time -HJ 234
• Amendment(s) failed (081015, 230899, 521789, 823781) -HJ 235
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 244
• CS passed; YEAS 80 NAYS 39 -HJ 245
• Immediately certified -HJ 245
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 262
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 262
• Approved by Governor -SJ 295
• Chapter No. 2011-1
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.