CS/CS/HB 75: Offense of Sexting
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Abruzzo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Berman ; Cruz ; Glorioso ; Rogers ; Van Zant
Offense of Sexting; Provides that minor commits offense of sexting if he or she knowingly uses computer, or any other device capable of electronic data transmission or distribution, to transmit or distribute to another minor any photograph or video of any person which depicts nudity & is harmful to minors; provides noncriminal & criminal penalties; provides that transmission, distribution, or possession of multiple photographs or videos is single offense if transmission occurs within 24-hour period, etc.
Last Action: 6/23/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-180
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 12
• Introduced -HJ 12
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/22/11, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 281
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 278
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 311
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 311
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/30/11, 8:00 am, 404 HOB --Temporarily deferred
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/07/11, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 601
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 596
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 610
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 909
• Amendment(s) adopted (672025) -HJ 909
• Read 3rd time -HJ 910
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 910
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 618
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Budget -SJ 618
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Budget -SJ 732
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 888 -SJ 732
• Read 2nd time -SJ 732
• Read 3rd time -SJ 732
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 732
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1101
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-180
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.