CS/HB 95: Homestead Property Tax Exemptions
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Harrison ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Ahern ; Artiles ; Baxley ; Berman ; Brandes ; Broxson ; Campbell ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Cruz ; Dorworth ; Fullwood ; Glorioso ; Hooper ; Hukill ; Ingram ; Julien ; Logan ; Lopez-Cantera ; McBurney ; Metz ; Nehr ; Nelson ; Pilon ; Plakon ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Smith ; Steube ; Tobia ; Trujillo ; Waldman ; Weinstein
Homestead Property Tax Exemptions; Creates "Fallen Heroes Family Tax Relief Act"; exempts from taxation homestead property of surviving spouse of first responder who dies in line of duty; provides definitions for "first responder" & "line of duty"; provides construction with respect to applicable tax roll & date of death; provides appropriation; provides effective dates, one of which is contingent. APPROPRIATION: $100,302.00
Last Action: 4/6/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-54, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 93 (Passed)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Committee; Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 13
• Introduced -HJ 13
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 01/17/12, 10:45 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 283
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 288
• Favorable by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 319
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 319
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/08/12, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 572
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 572
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 592
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 611
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 611
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 812
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Community Affairs; Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Budget -SJ 812
• Withdrawn from Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Community Affairs; Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Budget -SJ 1173
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1173
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1058 -SJ 1173
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1173
• Amendment(s) adopted (775556) -SJ 1173
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1174
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1174
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (775556) -HJ 1277
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1278
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1278
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-54, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HJR 93 (Passed)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.