CS/HJR 169: Additional Homestead Tax Exemption for Seniors
JOINT RESOLUTION by Finance and Tax Committee ; Oliva ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Artiles ; Burgin ; Campbell ; Costello ; Diaz ; Fullwood ; Gonzalez ; Hukill ; Kiar ; Lopez-Cantera ; Nunez ; Plakon ; Precourt ; Snyder ; Steube ; Trujillo
Additional Homestead Tax Exemption for Seniors; Proposes amendment to s. 6, Art. VII of State Constitution to authorize Legislature, by general law, to allow counties & municipalities to grant additional homestead tax exemption equal to assessed value of homestead property, if property has just value lower than specified amount, to owner who has maintained permanent residency on property for specified duration, who has attained age 65, & whose household income does not exceed specified amount.
Location: Filed with Secretary of State
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Committee; Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 20
• Introduced -HJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 02/07/12, 3:45 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 549
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 543
• Original reference(s) removed: Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee
• CS referred to Economic Affairs Committee
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 571
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/17/12, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 683
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 683
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 728, 731
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 783
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 784
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 867
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Budget -SJ 867
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Budget -SJ 1243
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1243
• Substituted for SJR 1740 -SJ 1244
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1243
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1244
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1244
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1713
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 357 (Ch. 2012-57)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.