CS/CS/SB 256: Youth Athletes
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Negron ; Benacquisto
Youth Athletes; Requiring an independent sanctioning authority for youth athletic teams and the Florida High School Athletic Association to adopt guidelines, bylaws, and policies relating to the nature and risk of concussion and head injury in youth athletes; requiring informed consent for participation in practice or competition; requiring removal from practice or competition under certain circumstances and written medical clearance to return; requiring the Florida High School Athletic Association to adopt bylaws for the establishment and duties of a sports medicine advisory committee; specifying membership, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 291 (Ch. 2012-167) -SJ 966
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations (BEA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Health Regulation; Budget -SJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 11/02/11, 8:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 111
• Now in Health Regulation -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 12/07/11, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 110
• Now in Budget -SJ 110
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 108
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 01/24/12, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 01/31/12, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 329
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/28/12, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/29/12, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/01/12, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/02/12, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 805
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 805
• CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 965
• Substituted CS/HB 291 -SJ 966
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 291 (Ch. 2012-167) -SJ 966
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.