CS/CS/HB 313: Premises Liability
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee ; Bembry ; Steube ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Baxley ; Brandes ; Caldwell ; Campbell ; Dorworth ; Gaetz ; Harrison ; Patronis ; Smith ; Tobia ; Van Zant
Premises Liability; Provides that owner or lessee who makes area available to another person for hunting, fishing, or wildlife viewing is entitled to certain limitations on liability if certain notice is provided; provides that owner of area who enters into written agreement with state for area to be used for outdoor recreational purposes is entitled to certain limitations on liability; deletes requirement that area be leased to state in order for limitations on liability to apply; defines term "area."
Last Action: 5/6/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-203
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/11/12, 11:30 am, 404 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 32
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 217
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee -HJ 217
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 01/24/12, 8:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 262
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 259
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 281
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/08/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 577
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 575
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 581
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 701
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 751
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 751
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 814
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 814
• Withdrawn from Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 915
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 915
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 802 -SJ 915
• Read 2nd time -SJ 915
• Read 3rd time -SJ 915
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 915
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1178
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-203
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.