SB 366: Group Insurance for Public Employees
GENERAL BILL by Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gardiner ; Sobel
Group Insurance for Public Employees; Requiring that school districts procure certain types of insurance for their officers and employees through interlocal agreements; providing an exception; requiring each school district to enter into an interlocal agreement and establish the School District Insurance Consortium governed by a board of directors; providing for membership and specifying terms of office for board members; requiring the Department of Management Services to provide technical services to the consortium; requiring the consortium to advertise for competitive bids for insurance; requiring that school districts engage in collective bargaining with certified bargaining agents; authorizing a water management district to provide group insurance for the employees of another water management district as well as its own employees, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1986 (Ch. 2012-126)
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations (BEA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 11/02/11, 8:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 111
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 12/05/11, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 110
• Now in Budget -SJ 110
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 108
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 01/12/12, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 35
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Budget -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 689
• Amendment(s) adopted (766442) -SJ 689
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 689
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 708
• Passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 708
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1986 (Ch. 2012-126)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.