CS/SB 412: Assessment on the Sale of Masonry Units
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Bennett ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Storms
Assessment on the Sale of Masonry Units; Creating the “Concrete Masonry Products Research, Education, and Promotion Act”; creating the Florida Concrete Masonry Council, Inc., as a nonprofit corporation; authorizing the council to levy an assessment on the sale of masonry units by a manufacturer, under certain circumstances; prohibiting the council from participating or intervening in any political campaign; prohibiting the council from using any receipt to benefit its directors, officers, or other private persons; requiring that a manufacturer of concrete masonry products collect the assessment from a purchaser at the time of sale of a concrete masonry unit; authorizing the council to initiate legal action against a manufacturer that fails to remit the assessment, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
Location: In committee/council (BFT)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 12/05/11, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 111
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 111
• Introduced -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/01/12, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 326
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 326
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 328
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 329
• Died in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.