CS/HB 941: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Holder ; Bernard
Insurance; Revises requirements for submitting notice of election of exemption; revises duties of DFS relating to expiration of certificates of exemption; exempts certain limited liability companies from penalties for failure to secure payment of workers' compensation; authorizes OIR to expend funds for professional development of its employees; removes workers' compensation & employer's liability insurance from those types of insurance that must report & refund excess profits; provides that transfer of policy to certain other insurers is considered renewal of policy rather than cancellation or nonrenewal; exempts certain insurers from performing onsite premium audits for workers' compensation insurance.
Last Action: 5/6/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-213
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 92
• Introduced -HJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/17/12, 3:30 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 238
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 238
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 01/25/12, 2:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 299
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 297
• CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 290
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/15/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 621
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 639
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 639
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 822
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 822
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1175
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1175
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1428 -SJ 1175
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1175
• Amendment(s) adopted (920488) -SJ 1175
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1178
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1178
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 1270
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (920488) -HJ 1271
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 99 NAYS 16 -HJ 1274
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1274
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-213
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.