CS/CS/SB 950: Stalking
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Storms
Stalking; Providing that additional types of injunctions issued by a court of a foreign state shall be accorded full faith and credit by the courts of this state and enforced as if they were orders issued under specified provisions; providing that a person who makes a threat that places another person in reasonable fear for his or her safety or the safety of his or her family members or individuals closely associated with the person commits the offense of aggravated stalking under certain circumstances; creating a civil cause of action for an injunction for protection against stalking or cyberstalking, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1099 (Ch. 2012-153) -SJ 979
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/12/12, 10:15 am, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/19/12, 10:15 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 253
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 257
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 253
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/12, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Budget -SJ 279
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 328
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 805
• Now in Budget -SJ 805
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 805
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 805
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 807
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 979
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1099 -SJ 979
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1099 (Ch. 2012-153) -SJ 979
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.