SB 1010: Career and Adult Education
GENERAL BILL by Oelrich
Career and Adult Education; Requiring the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards to include financial literacy in the core curricular content of economics; providing that the credit requirement in economics for high school graduation includes instruction in financial literacy; authorizing district school boards and Florida College System institution boards of trustees to vary up to a specified percentage of intended learning outcomes of career education programs; deleting lifelong learning courses or activities and recreational or leisure courses as priorities in the provision of adult education program academic services, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Higher Education (HE)
- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations (BEA)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Higher Education; Budget -SJ 83
• Introduced -SJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/14/12, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 518
• Now in Higher Education -SJ 518
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 02/16/12, 10:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 523
• Now in Budget -SJ 523
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 673
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 721
• Now in Budget -SJ 721
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 726
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.