The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 1023: Suspension of Driver Licenses and Motor Vehicle Registrations
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Costello ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell
Suspension of Driver Licenses and Motor Vehicle Registrations; Revises provisions for suspension of person's driver license for failure to pay child support; requires that DHSMV reinstate driving privilege & allow registration of motor vehicle upon receipt of electronic notification from certain entities stating that court has directed that person be issued license restricted to business purposes.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Transportation (TR)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 101
• Introduced -HJ 100
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/18/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 247
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 247
• Now in Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee -HJ 247
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 246
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 3:35 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 320
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 320
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/24/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 835
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 835
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1019
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1072
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 1072
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 826
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Transportation; Budget -SJ 826
• Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.