SB 1090: Uniform Commercial Code
GENERAL BILL by Richter
Uniform Commercial Code; Revising and providing provisions of the Uniform Commercial Code relating to secured transactions to conform to the revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code as prepared by the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws; revising provisions relating to control of electronic chattel paper; providing rules that apply to certain collateral to which a security interest attaches; providing rules relating to certain financing statements; revising when a record of a mortgage satisfying the requirements of ch. 697, F.S., is effective as a filing statement; creating part VIII of ch. 679, F.S., relating to transition from prior law under the chapter to law under the chapter as amended by the act, etc.
Last Action: 3/1/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 483 (Ch. 2012-59) -SJ 737
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 88
• Introduced -SJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/19/12, 8:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 252
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 252
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/26/12, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Budget -SJ 279
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 282
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/02/12, 8:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 736
• Substituted CS/HB 483 -SJ 737
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 483 (Ch. 2012-59) -SJ 737
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.