CS/SB 1132: Agriculture
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Hays ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Montford ; Evers
Agriculture; Revising definitions relating to the Florida Right to Farm Act to include beekeeping; revising the definition of the term “apiary” and adding a definition for the term “apiculture”; providing that authority to regulate honeybee colonies is preempted to the state; requiring that the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services adopt rules after consulting with local governments and other affected stakeholders; providing an exemption from the Florida Building Code for farm signs, etc.
Last Action: 3/5/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1197 (Ch. 2012-83) -SJ 787
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Agriculture (AG)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Agriculture; Budget -SJ 92
• Introduced -SJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 01/23/12, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Agriculture; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 263
• Now in Budget -SJ 263
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 282
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/02/12, 8:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 332
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 787
• Amendment(s) adopted (331924, 340072, 549494, 581974, 748548, 947888) -SJ 787
• Substituted CS/HB 1197 -SJ 787
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1197 (Ch. 2012-83) -SJ 787
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.