CS/HB 1207: Vehicles with Autonomous Technology
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Brandes ; Corcoran ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Broxson ; Clemens ; Dorworth ; Ingram ; Nunez ; Perry ; Ray ; Steinberg ; Young
Vehicles with Autonomous Technology; Provides for operation of autonomous motor vehicles on public roads; directs DHSMV to prepare report on safe operation of such vehicles; provides for content of report; requires submission of report to Legislature.
Last Action: 4/16/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-111, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 599 (Ch. 2012-174)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 118
• Referred to Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 213
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee, 01/24/12, 8:15 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 282
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 12:30 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 323
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 323
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/24/12, 8:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 855
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 850
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 907
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 989
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1006
• Amendment(s) adopted (095435) -HJ 1006
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 1006
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 853
• Referred to Transportation; Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; Budget -SJ 853
• Withdrawn from Transportation; Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1178
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1178
• Substituted for SB 1768 -SJ 1179
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1179
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1179
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1179
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1715
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-111, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 599 (Ch. 2012-174)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.