CS/CS/SB 1262: Warranty Associations
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Oelrich
Warranty Associations; Providing criteria for a motor vehicle service agreement company to effectuate refunds through the issuing salesperson or agent; authorizing rather than requiring the Office of Insurance Regulation to examine service agreement companies; authorizing a governmental entity, public agency, institution, person, firm, or legal entity to provide money to the Department of Financial Services to pursue unauthorized entities operating as motor vehicle service agreement companies; authorizing service warranty associations to effectuate refunds through the issuing sales representative, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1011 (Ch. 2012-77) -SJ 1192
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Budget -SJ 139
• Introduced -SJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/26/12, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 280
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 288
• Original reference(s) removed: Commerce and Tourism
• Remaining references corrected to Budget -SJ 309
• Now in Budget
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 327
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 752
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 907
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 907
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12 -SJ 962
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1191
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1011 -SJ 1192
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1011 (Ch. 2012-77) -SJ 1192
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.