CS/CS/CS/SB 1358: Drug-free Workplaces
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Hays
Drug-free Workplaces; Defining the term “random testing,” and removing the definition of the term “safety-sensitive position” for purposes of the Drug-Free Workplace Act; authorizing a state agency to conduct random drug testing every 3 months; providing that an agency may discharge or discipline an employee following a first-time positive confirmed drug test result; requiring participation in an employee assistance program or an alcohol and drug rehabilitation program at the employee’s own expense or at the expense of a health insurance plan, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1205 (Ch. 2012-8) -SJ 1131
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 146
• Introduced -SJ 146
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 01/25/12, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Health Regulation (654020); YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 279
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/01/12, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 3 -SJ 326
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 326
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 328
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 333
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/01/12, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 753
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/02/12, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -SJ 805
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 805
• CS/CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 808
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1130
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 1205 -SJ 1131
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1205 (Ch. 2012-8) -SJ 1131
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.