CS/SB 1522: School Improvement and Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K - 12 ; Montford
School Improvement and Accountability; Revising the duties of the Commissioner of Education which relate to the statewide assessment program; requiring that the State Board of Education comply with the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act flexibility waiver approved by the United States Secretary of Education; requiring that the Department of Education annually identify each public school in need of intervention and support to improve student academic performance; requiring that the state board apply the most intense intervention and support strategies to schools earning a grade of “F”, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7127 (Ch. 2012-194) -SJ 1169
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations (BEA)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget -SJ 217
• Introduced -SJ 217
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/14/12, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 523
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 523
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 539
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 673
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 721
• Now in Budget -SJ 721
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 956
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 956
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12 -SJ 975
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1169
• Amendment(s) adopted (706744) -SJ 1169
• Substituted HB 7127 -SJ 1169
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7127 (Ch. 2012-194) -SJ 1169
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.