CS/CS/SB 1610: Education
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations ; Education Pre-K - 12 ; Dean
Education; Requiring the Department of Education to create a uniform, statewide identification badge to be worn by noninstructional contractors signifying that a contractor has met specified requirements; providing that the identification badge shall be recognized by all school districts; providing that the identification badge is valid for 5 years; requiring the department to determine a uniform cost that a school district may charge a contractor for receipt of the identification badge, which shall be borne by the contractor, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Budget
Location: In committee/council (BC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations (BEA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget -SJ 221
• Introduced -SJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/14/12, 9:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 523
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 523
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 540
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 673
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 756
• Died in Budget
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.