CS/CS/SB 1752: State Universities of Academic and Research Excellence and National Preeminence
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations ; Higher Education ; Oelrich ; Lynn
State Universities of Academic and Research Excellence and National Preeminence; Creating the "State Universities of Academic and Research Excellence and National Preeminence Act"; establishing a collaborative partnership between the Board of Governors of the State University System and the Legislature to elevate the academic and research excellence and national preeminence of the highest-performing state research universities; authorizing a state research university that meets specified criteria, verified by the Board of Governors, to establish student tuition and fees at differentiated and market rates; authorizing state universities of national preeminence to establish required courses for certain students, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 963
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Higher Education (HE)
- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations (BHI)
• Referred to Higher Education; Budget -SJ 231
• Introduced -SJ 231
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 02/16/12, 10:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Higher Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 523
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 523
• CS by Higher Education read 1st time -SJ 540
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 674
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations, 02/28/12, 2:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 757
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 805
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 963
• Substituted HB 7129 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 963
• Laid on Table -SJ 963
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.