CS/SB 1844: Alien Insurers
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Latvala
Alien Insurers; Revising a provision exempting alien insurers from the requirement to obtain a certificate of authority; specifying the terms and conditions that must be satisfied before an alien insurer may issue a policy or contract; providing that an alien insurer issuing policies or contracts in this state is subject to part IX of ch. 626, F.S., relating to unfair insurance trade practices, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Budget, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151)
Location: In committee/council (BC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 240
• Introduced -SJ 240
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/02/12, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 328
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 336
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 721
• Now in Budget -SJ 721
• Died in Budget, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.