CS/CS/SB 1860: Motor Vehicle Personal Injury Protection Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Banking and Insurance ; Negron
Motor Vehicle Personal Injury Protection Insurance; Revising the requirements relating to the driver’s responsibility for submitting a report for crashes not requiring a law enforcement report; providing that certain entities exempt from licensure as a health care clinic must nonetheless be licensed in order to receive reimbursement for the provision of personal injury protection benefits; requiring the Department of Financial Services or the Office of Insurance Regulation to revoke the certificate of authority of an insurer that engages in unfair trade practices while providing motor vehicle personal injury protection insurance, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 119 (Ch. 2012-197), CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151) -SJ 907
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 241
• Introduced -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/02/12, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 336
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/28/12, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Amendment Adopted - Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/29/12, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 15 NAYS 5 -SJ 805
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 809
• Read 2nd time -SJ 891
• Amendment(s) failed (148384, 537742, 655116) -SJ 892
• Amendment(s) adopted (230376, 341236, 368242, 407476, 428680, 435312, 761606, 870118) -SJ 892
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted (230376) -SJ 899
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 902
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 907
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted (435312) -SJ 907
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 119 -SJ 907
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 119 (Ch. 2012-197), CS/CS/HB 1101 (Ch. 2012-151) -SJ 907
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.