CS/CS/SB 1890: Mortgage Foreclosures
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Judiciary ; Latvala ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Mortgage Foreclosures; Reducing the limitations period for commencing an action to enforce a claim of a deficiency judgment subsequent to a foreclosure action; specifying required contents of a complaint seeking to foreclose on certain types of residential properties with respect to the authority of the plaintiff to foreclose on the note and the location of the note; expanding the class of persons authorized to move for expedited foreclosure; requiring the court to enter a final judgment of foreclosure and order a foreclosure sale under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary -SJ 247
• Introduced -SJ 247
• References corrected to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance -SJ 263
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/20/12, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 671
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 671
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/27/12, 4:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 678
• CS/CS by- Banking and Insurance; YEAS 6 NAYS 4 -SJ 722
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 724
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.