CS/SB 198: State University System Optional Retirement Program
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Thrasher
State University System Optional Retirement Program; Increasing to no more than six the number of companies from which contracts may be purchased under the program; providing a procurement process for additional provider companies, etc.
Last Action: 3/25/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-10
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Higher Education (HE)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations (BHI)
• Referred to Higher Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 11/17/11, 8:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Higher Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 111
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 12/05/11, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 112
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 112
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 110
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations, 01/12/12, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 23
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 100
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Budget -SJ 135
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 556
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 730
• Amendment(s) adopted (753748) -SJ 730
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 730
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 767
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 767
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1060
• Received -HJ 1060
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 495 -HJ 1065
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1065
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1065
• CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 1066
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 870
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 1134
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-10
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.