CS/SB 316: Alzheimer’s Disease
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Wise
Alzheimer’s Disease; Directing the Department of Elderly Affairs to develop and implement a public education program relating to screening for Alzheimer’s disease; providing criteria for awarding grants; creating the memory-impairment screening grant program; requiring grant recipients to submit an evaluation of certain activities to the department; authorizing the department to provide technical support; providing for implementation of the public education program to operate within existing resources of the department; providing that implementation of the memory-impairment screening grant program is contingent upon an appropriation of state funds or the availability of private resources; specifying the types of facilities where an employee or direct caregiver providing care for persons with Alzheimer’s disease may begin employment without repeating certain training requirements, etc.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations (BHA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Budget -SJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 11/03/11, 10:30 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 112
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 109
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 32
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations, 01/24/12, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Budget -SJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 689
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 708
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 708
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.