CS/HB 4041: Education Law Repeals
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Burgin
Education Law Repeals; Repeals provisions relating to K-12 foreign language curriculum plan, pilot project that allows school districts to award alternative credit for high school courses, aspirational goals for professional credentials of prekindergarten instructors, standard high school diploma designation that indicates student's major area of interest, High School to Business Career Enhancement Program, development by state universities & Florida College System institutions of substance abuse training programs, incentives for urban or socially & economically disadvantaged area internships, provision of information to students & parents regarding school-to-work transition, preparation & submission of school district guidance report by district school boards, dropout reentry & mentor project, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Education Pre-K - 12, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5201 (Ch. 2012-134), CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2012-191), HB 7135 (Ch. 2012-195)
Bill Text: PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Higher Education (HE)
- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations (BHI)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- K-20 Innovation Subcommittee, 12/06/11, 4:30 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 175
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 175
• Introduced -HJ 148
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 01/26/12, 10:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -HJ 301
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 295
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 309
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/15/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 620
• Amendment(s) adopted (546055) -HJ 621
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 637
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 78 NAYS 37 -HJ 637
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 862
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Higher Education; Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; Budget -SJ 862
• Died in Education Pre-K - 12, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5201 (Ch. 2012-134), CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2012-191), HB 7135 (Ch. 2012-195)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.