CS/SB 440: Initiatives and Referenda
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Bennett
Initiatives and Referenda; Authorizing a local government to retain certain initiatives or referendum processes which were in effect as of a specified date, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7081 (Ch. 2012-99)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations (BTA)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 12/05/11, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 112
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 110
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 40
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations, 01/24/12, 2:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Budget -SJ 279
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 511
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 694
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 714
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 714
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7081 (Ch. 2012-99)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.