CS/HB 671: Liens on Real Property
GENERAL BILL by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee ; Wood ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Broxson ; Caldwell ; Soto
Liens on Real Property; Provides lien imposed on real property by governmental or quasi-governmental entity for certain purposes is not valid against creditor or subsequent purchasers unless lien is recorded; provides exceptions; specifies required contents of recorded notice of lien.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Location: In committee/council (JU)
Bill Text: PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/11/12, 11:30 am, 404 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 66
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Now in Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 218
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 01/25/12, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 310
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 305
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 318
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/08/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 549
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 549
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1019
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1072
• CS passed; YEAS 101 NAYS 14 -HJ 1072
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 818
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Budget -SJ 818
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.