CS/SB 752: Equitable Distribution of Marital Assets and Liabilities
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Flores
Equitable Distribution of Marital Assets and Liabilities; Redefining the term “marital assets and liabilities” to include the value of the marital portion of the passive appreciation of nonmarital real property; authorizing a court to require security and the payment of a reasonable rate of interest if installment payments are required for the distribution of marital assets and liabilities; requiring the court to provide written findings regarding any installment payments; providing formulas for the calculation of the value of the marital portion of nonmarital real property subject to equitable distribution; requiring the court in the dissolution action to use the formulas unless sufficient evidence is presented showing that the application of the formulas is not equitable, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 1193
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/12/12, 10:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 63
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 251
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 214
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/26/12, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Budget -SJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 695
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1192
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 565 (Died on Calendar in Senate) -SJ 1193
• Laid on Table -SJ 1193
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.