CS/SB 4: Public Records and Meetings
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Ethics and Elections
Public Records and Meetings; Creating an exemption from public records requirements for written referrals and related records held by the Commission on Ethics, the Governor, the Department of Law Enforcement, or a state attorney; creating an exemption for records relating to a preliminary investigation held by the Commission on Ethics; creating an exemption from public meetings requirements for portions of proceedings of the Commission on Ethics in which the referrals are discussed or acted upon; providing for future repeal and legislative review of the exemption under the Open Government Sunset Review Act, etc.
Last Action: 5/16/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-38, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 2 (Ch. 2013-36)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• SPB 7008 submitted as a committee bill (SB 4) by Ethics and Elections
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 9
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/06/13, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 114
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 114
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/19/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 113
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 113
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/13
• Introduced -SJ 8,9
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 105
• Read 2nd time -SJ 8
• Read 3rd time -SJ 8
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 8
• Immediately certified -SJ 8
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 693
• Received -HJ 693
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Substituted for HB 7133 -HJ 760
• Read 2nd time -HJ 760
• Read 3rd time -HJ 760
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 1 -HJ 760
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 591
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-38, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 2 (Ch. 2013-36)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.