CS/HB 23: Public Meetings
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations Subcommittee ; Rodrigues, R. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caldwell ; Combee ; Eagle ; Edwards ; Gaetz ; Hood ; La Rosa ; Metz ; Perry ; Pigman
Public Meetings; Requires that member of public be given reasonable opportunity to be heard by board or commission before it takes official action on proposition; provides exceptions; establishes requirements for rules or policies adopted by board or commission which govern the opportunity to be heard; provides that compliance with requirements is deemed to have occurred under certain circumstances; provides that circuit court has jurisdiction to issue injunction for enforcement under certain circumstances; authorizes court to assess reasonable attorney fees in actions filed against board or commission.
Last Action: 4/30/2013 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 50 (Ch. 2013-227) -HJ 1009
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Rulemaking Oversight and Repeal Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/06/13, 10:00 am, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 21
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 227
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 239
• Now in Rulemaking Oversight and Repeal Subcommittee -HJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Rulemaking Oversight and Repeal Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 10:30 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Rulemaking Oversight and Repeal Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -HJ 357
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 357
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/16/13, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 666
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 666
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 50 -HJ 1009
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 50 (Ch. 2013-227) -HJ 1009
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.