CS/CS/HB 119: Searches and Seizures
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Workman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Campbell ; Diaz, M. ; Rodriguez, J.
Searches and Seizures; Prohibits law enforcement agency from using drone to gather evidence or other information; provides exceptions; authorizes aggrieved party to initiate civil action in order to prevent or remedy violation; prohibits use of evidence obtained or collected in violation of act in criminal prosecution.
Last Action: 4/17/2013 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 92 (Ch. 2013-33) -HJ 629
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/07/13, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 153
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 151
• Introduced -HJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 03/07/13, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 144
• Favorable by Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 203
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 203
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/14/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 272
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 262
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 284
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 92 -HJ 629
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 92 (Ch. 2013-33) -HJ 629
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.