CS/SB 196: Domestic Partners
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Sobel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Clemens ; Soto ; Bullard ; Margolis
Domestic Partners; Authorizing the clerk of the circuit court to collect a filing fee for domestic partner registrations; requiring that nursing homes allow a domestic partner access to his or her partner who is a resident and requiring that the domestic partner be allowed to meet with the families of other residents; establishing requirements for domestic partnership; providing that the act does not preempt the authority of a county or municipality to enact a domestic partnership ordinance unless in conflict with the act, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Location: In committee/council (JU)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/19/13, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/12/13, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 4
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 346
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 350
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.