CS/HB 215: Dependent Children
GENERAL BILL by Healthy Families Subcommittee ; Albritton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Berman ; Broxson ; Campbell ; Cruz ; Cummings ; Dudley ; Fasano ; Harrell ; Hooper ; McGhee ; Metz ; Nunez ; O'Toole ; Pafford ; Peters ; Rader ; Rangel ; Rodrigues, R. ; Rooney ; Spano ; Zimmermann
Dependent Children; Provides legislative findings & intent; provides for participation in age-appropriate extracurricular, enrichment, & social activities by children in out-of-home care; provides for use of reasonable & prudent parent standard for decisionmaking about such activities; clarifies standard for reunification & for changing custody; provides for use of reasonable & prudent parent standard in certain decisionmaking; requires submission of plan for judicial review; provides definition for reasonable & prudent parent standard; provides rulemaking authority.
Last Action: 4/11/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-21
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Healthy Families Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Healthy Families Subcommittee, 02/13/13, 2:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Healthy Families Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 154
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 151
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 151
• Introduced -HJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/07/13, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Healthy Families Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 146
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 203
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 203
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/12/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 218
• Amendment(s) failed (952157) -HJ 218
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 234
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 234
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 256
• Received -SJ 256
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 260
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 260
• Substituted for CS/SB 164 -SJ 260
• Read 2nd time -SJ 260
• Read 3rd time -SJ 260
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 260
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 427
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 446
• Approved by Governor -HJ 667
• Chapter No. 2013-21
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.