CS/SB 226: Disability Awareness
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Ring
Disability Awareness; Requiring that each district school board provide disability history and awareness instruction in all K-12 public schools; providing for individual presenters who have disabilities to augment the disability history and awareness instruction; requiring each public school to establish a disability history and awareness advisory council; providing responsibilities of the council at each school, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Location: In committee/council (AP)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 21
• Introduced -SJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/18/13, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 278
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 282
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 278
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/08/13, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 363
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/17/13, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 481
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 481
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.