CS/HB 249: Public Records Exemption
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Local and Federal Affairs Committee ; Nelson
Public Records Exemption; Provides exemption from public records requirements for e-mail addresses of voter registration applicants & voters; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemption under Open Government Sunset Review Act; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 5/13/2014 House - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Location: Vetoed by Governor
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee; Regulatory Affairs Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/06/13, 10:00 am, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 38
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 202
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 202
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 03/14/13, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 257
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Local and Federal Affairs Committee read 1st time
• Original reference(s) removed: Regulatory Affairs Committee
• CS referred to State Affairs Committee -HJ 270
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/28/13, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 371
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 371
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 651
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 714
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 813
• Read 3rd time -HJ 831
• Amendment(s) adopted (081271, 328125) -HJ 831
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 1 -HJ 831
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 675
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 675
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 620
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 620
• Substituted for CS/SB 1260 -SJ 620
• Read 2nd time -SJ 620
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 698
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 698
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 966
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 247 (Ch. 2013-192)
• Veto Message received (2014 Regular Session) -HJ 7
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.