CS/HB 267: Real Property Liens and Conveyances
GENERAL BILL by Local and Federal Affairs Committee ; Wood
Real Property Liens and Conveyances; Deletes requirement that blank spaces be included on warranty deed to allow for entry of social security numbers of grantees on deed; provides that certain types of governmental or quasi-governmental liens on real property are valid & effectual against certain creditors or purchasers only if recorded in specified manner.
Last Action: 7/1/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-241
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/13/13, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 154
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 154
• Introduced -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 03/07/13, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 216
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Local and Federal Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 208
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/20/13, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 286
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 286
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 726
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 823
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 3 -HJ 823
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 670
• Received -SJ 670
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 610
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 610
• Substituted for CS/SB 404 -SJ 610
• Read 2nd time -SJ 610
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 692
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 692
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 966
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-241
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.