SB 282: Consumer Finance Charges
GENERAL BILL by Richter
Consumer Finance Charges; Increasing the proportionate loan amounts that are subject to descending maximum rates of interest; increasing the maximum delinquency charge that may be imposed for each loan payment in default for not less than a specified time; providing penalties, etc.
Last Action: 6/10/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-124
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism -SJ 25
• Introduced -SJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/20/13, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 239
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/08/13, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 363
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 363
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/16/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 445
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 555
• Passed; YEAS 31 NAYS 3 -SJ 555
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 970
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Received -HJ 970
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1005
• Substituted for HB 425 -HJ 1005
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1036
• Passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 6 -HJ 1036
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 986
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-124
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.