CS/SB 316: Taxes
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Detert ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Margolis ; Sachs
Taxes; Reducing the tax rate applied to the sale of communications services; reducing the tax rate applied to retail sales of direct-to-home satellite services; revising the term “mail order sale” to specifically include sales of tangible personal property ordered through the Internet; providing that certain persons who make mail order sales and who have a nexus with this state are subject to this state’s power to levy and collect the sales and use tax when they engage in certain enumerated activities, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7007 (Ch. 2013-39)
Location: Acted on by committee/council, pending report (AFT)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/05/13, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 113
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 113
• Introduced -SJ 27
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 108
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 04/11/13, 10:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 434
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 434
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7007 (Ch. 2013-39)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.