CS/HB 357: Manufacturing Development
GENERAL BILL by Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee ; Boyd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Combee ; Dudley
Manufacturing Development; Authorizes local governments to establish local manufacturing development program that provides for master development approval for certain sites; requires DEO to develop model ordinance containing specified information & provisions; requires local manufacturing development program ordinance to include certain information; requires department, in cooperation with participating agencies, to establish manufacturing development coordinated approval process for certain manufacturers; requires department to convene meeting when requested by certain manufacturer; requires participating agencies to attend meetings convened by department; specifies that department is not required, but is authorized, to mediate between participating agencies & manufacturer; requires that coordinated approval process have no effect on department's approval of economic development incentives; provides for applicability with respect to permit applications governed by federally delegated or approved permitting programs; requires department to develop materials that identify local manufacturing development programs; requires Enterprise Florida, Inc., & authorizes other state agencies, to distribute such material.
Last Action: 7/1/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-224
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 47
• Introduced -HJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 03/19/13, 2:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 307
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 303
• Original reference(s) removed: Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 331
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 331
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/09/13, 2:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 471
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 471
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 637
• Read 3rd time -HJ 638
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 1 -HJ 638
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 501
• Received -SJ 501
• Withdrawn from Commerce and Tourism; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 726
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 726
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 582 -SJ 726
• Read 2nd time -SJ 726
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 798
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 798
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1028
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-224
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.