CS/SB 370: Disposition of Human Remains
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Sachs
Disposition of Human Remains; Revising procedures for the registration of certificates of death or fetal death and the medical certification of causes of death; revising procedures for the reporting and disposition of unclaimed remains; prohibiting certain uses or dispositions of the remains of deceased persons whose identities are not known; revising provisions prohibiting the selling or buying of human remains or the transmitting or conveying of such remains outside the state, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 171 (Ch. 2013-138) -SJ 731
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Health Policy; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 30
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/07/13, 10:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 30
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 196
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Health Policy -SJ 196
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/14/13, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 199
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 208
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 208
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 277
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/23/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 658
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 658
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 730
• Substituted CS/HB 171 -SJ 731
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 171 (Ch. 2013-138) -SJ 731
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.