CS/CS/SB 458: Firefighter and Police Officer Pension Plans
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Ring ; Bradley
Firefighter and Police Officer Pension Plans; Revising the legislative declaration to require all plans to meet the requirements of specified provisions in order to receive insurance premium tax revenues; revising existing payment provisions and providing for an additional mandatory payment by the municipality or special fire control district to the firefighters’ pension trust fund; revising existing payment provisions and providing for an additional mandatory payment by the municipality to the police officers’ retirement trust fund, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/06/13, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/21/13, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 113
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 113
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/07/13, 8:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 35
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 109
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 156
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/28/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/03/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 5
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 363
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/13
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 364
• Read 2nd time -SJ 391
• Amendment(s) adopted (462050, 629342, 766314, 768272, 831682, 860988) -SJ 392
• Amendment(s) failed (396902) -SJ 392
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 393
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 413
• Amendment(s) adopted (408348, 526984, 570676, 574664, 949930) -SJ 413
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 5 -SJ 414
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 972
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Received -HJ 972
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 1027
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.