CS/SB 564: Neighborhood Improvement Districts
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Thompson ; Soto
Neighborhood Improvement Districts; Renaming the “Safe Neighborhoods Act” as the “Neighborhoods Improvement Act”; authorizing the governing body of any municipality or county to form a neighborhood improvement district through the adoption of an ordinance rather than by a planning ordinance; revising provisions authorizing a local governing body to create a local government neighborhood improvement district by the enactment of an ordinance; requiring a local government and a special neighborhood improvement district levying an ad valorem tax on real or personal property to prepare a budget in a specified manner, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Location: Acted on by committee/council, pending report (AFT)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/07/13, 8:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 43
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 195
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 195
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 201
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 03/27/13, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 04/04/13, 10:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 364
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 364
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.